Wednesday, November 17, 2010

31 & 32 Weeks



31 Weeks

31 Weeks

Side-note: For my birthday (which was more like Christmas!!) my amazing brother got us a joint birthday/3 year late wedding present... From the beginning he said he wanted to get us something awesome- and has been waiting to find just that... well, he did- and then some... He got us a vita-mix blender!!!!! We've used it everyday since we got it for smoothies (it makes the best smoothies ever- better than the local places that charge $5.00+ for a smoothie)... It's soo super healthy- and best of all it's super yummy!!!! Last night I used it to make our soup for dinner... we're so hooked- I would HIGHLY recommend them. Yes, they're very pricey, and I actually thought my brother was crazy for thinking a blender could be so amazing- but he was SOOO right!!! LOVE it!!
*Among the TONS of A*MAZING gifts I received; Casey got me a Canon Rebel AND the coolest digital photo frame to display all our pictures (which we know will be of Izzy and the pups). It was SO amazing to hear from everyone that day- my heart was bursting with love. You all made my day!!! :)

Melissa & Devin made me this beyond delicious cake ~ and isn't it just gorgeous?? The writing was all Devin- so super impressed ~ AND it tasted better than it even looks, which is hard to imagine, I'm sure. Mmmmm!
They also got me four amazing nail polishes from zoya.com, but the picture of them won't load right... So I'll just tell you ~ All of their polishes are named after women names- They got me 'Isabell', 'Kat', 'Jo' and 'Casey.' How cool is that?!? Sooo much fun- and they're such great colors!! Such a great gift!

Ok... back to Izzy....

32 Weeks
32 Weeks

My 32 week check-up was supposed to be just a normal, make sure everything is good, listen to Izzy's heartbeat and go appointment; but my doctor is just so amazing ~ She got out the ultrasound to see how Izzy was positioned and spent the next 10-15 minutes watching her suck (she has the sweetest little lips) and trying to wake her up. Our little girl is such a great sleeper-the doctor kept poking and poking her with a stick and she didn't wake up! She rolled over, but that was about it!! She's head down, everything is looking great and we are right on track. I say 'we' because I had a minor panic attack when I saw I'd gained a total of 28 lbs so far!!!!!!!!!!!! The poor nurse said, "Well, you are wearing jeans.." They don't weigh THAT much, lady!! So when my poor doctor came in I immediately said, "I've gained 28 lbs, is that ok?? There's no way that's normal!!!" And she said, "Yes, for your BMI you're right where we need you to be, it's perfect." How is gaining 28 lbs in 32 weeks healthy/normal?? But she said it is, so I'm trusting her... mostly.... ;) Along with all this weight gain, my back (which has always hurt from having scoliosis) has been bothering me more and more and more and more... It hurts to walk, sit, lay... anything. Such a huge bummer. Casey says all the time, "I just wish Izzy could be here already!!" HaHa- I couldn't agree with him more - We're SO anxious to meet her, obviously, but I'm soo ready to feel 'normal' again.
Sorry this post is all over the place... If I wouldn't take so long between updates I know this wouldn't happen. Thank you all for your love on my birthday, your continued prayers for Izzy and your love for our family. You mean more to us than you know. XoXo

1 comment:

  1. Kat you look so BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for you both! Keep the blog posts coming! I love to read the updates and see your belly shots! Love you!

    ReplyDelete