Thursday, December 23, 2010

37 Weeks... AlMoSt there!!!

This week started off great ~ our church had the first annual 'Hideous Christmas Sweater Contest.' Thanks to momma Mobbs for the great add-ons!

My hideous Christmas sweater ~ again, thanks to momma Mobbs for mailing it to me!

Broono helping us fold laundry

All day Tuesday, Miss Isabella decided to be lazy and stop moving ~ after doing everything we could think of to make her move, we called labor and delivery and they said, "You've done everything we'd have you do, and more, so come in for monitoring." Well, within 5 minutes of being on the monitors little miss was making big fat liars out of us. HA! We couldn't believe it, but were so thankful, of course. They had me on the monitors for 20 minutes to check her heart rate and my contractions ~ her heart rate was perfect and she's getting oxygen in her blood- so it couldn't have been better... then the doctor said, "You've had several contractions while we've been monitoring you, can you feel them?" I told him I knew I'd had some off and on for days- but had no clue they were that often and close. Because I had an apt the next day (Wednesday) and wasn't so completely uncomfortable they opted not to check out dilation. They also did an ultrasound to check Izzy's fluid levels- and everything was great there, too; right where it should be.


The next day was our 37 week, 6 day appointment. There we found out I'm 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced! WoW! Those contractions have been doing something! As my doctor put it, "She's definitely doing what she can to work her way out... It could happen at any time!" (At my last apt she said because of the scar tissue I have from my LEEP that it may be near to impossible for me to dilate on my own (infact, 90% of women who have had LEEPS are unable to fully dilate on their own), but she thinks I'll be golden ~ we shall see!)

I'm getting more and more uncomfortable everyday and am soooo ready for her to be here, but am really hoping and praying it'll be sometime after Christmas!!

**Casey is out snowboarding today; I'm home drinking hot coco and watching "The Santa Clause 2 & 3" and cuddling with our sweet pups. Casey has called twice to make sure I'm okay and that 'nothing is happening just yet.' ;) 38 weeks today!!
Merrrrrry Christmas Eve Eve everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment