Wednesday, December 29, 2010

38 Weeks & STILL Counting....

I wanted so badly to title this post, "38 Week & Misserable...." Ugh. That's how I'm feeling right now. Our sweet little girl is out of room, making me very uncomfortable, and I'm just beyond ready for her to be here. So is her daddy!!!

38 weeks, 5 days pregnant.
Casey and I went on a date (hoping it would be our last for a while), thanks to our amazing friends Lacie and Chris Bryant; and while there I realized I was almost done with the 38th week and needed a picture. Also there, Casey and I partook in the spiciest Thai food EVER!! We got our usual, a two and a four, and WHOA- they were both more like twelves!! That didn't stop us, though, we both devoured our plates AnD an appetizer. Woo! As we got the check I had the strongest, most intense contraction yet.... I couldn't breath it hurt so bad (in my back). I was thinking it was the real thing, but nope, of course not.... here we still sit, today, at 38 weeks and 6 days.

At our appointment today we got the news we were hoping wouldn't be true. I think I previously mentioned that 90% of people who have LEEP's do not dialate on their own. My doctor said I could be having contraction after insane contraction and still be sitting at a 2, because the scar tissue is doing its job- to keep everything tight and closed. As of last week she didn't think I would have this problem and would hopefully be part of the 10% who can completely dilate normally. Unfortunately, I am not. :( She felt the scar tissue today and said it's definitely doing what we feared- not letting my cervix contract. Boo. So what this ultimately means is that I'll be in full blown active labor, still sitting at a two, but still be 'paper thin' as she put it, and then within seconds my cervix will FINALLY give way and I'll be at a 10 like that. AH! Go from a 2 to a 10 within seconds?! YEP! So she said to have EVERYTHING ready, because we soon as this happens we will need to be at the hospital. Eek. Why can't I just do something normally?? Geez! Well, it is what it is- so we came home and packed and double packed and are ready to go whenever Isabella decides she's ready. We are beyond ready and are hoping this comes sooner than later. Wait, did I already mention we are beyond ready for her to be here? Oops. Sorry for repeating myself, but we are!!


This picture was posted in our doctor's room today... thought it was fitting and would share.

Well, my sweet husband is in the kitchen making us potato soup (my favorite) and it smells amazing! Mmmmmmm! I'm off to go devour a bowl. Or two. Hopefully our next post will be complete with pictures of Izzy. ;) 39 weeks tomorrow!!!!


1 comment:

  1. So excited to see her!!!!! I can't wait and I know you'll do great! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete