Tuesday, September 7, 2010

22 Weeks Update


Holy flash whiteness!! But this is what 22 weeks pregnant with a sweet baby girl looks like on me, none-the-less. Today I had my 22 week check-up and reviewed the anatomy scan with by Ob. Everything looks perfect with the baby (WOOHOO!! Praise God!!!), the only concern was that the picture of my cervix they got was not as clear as they would like (they're guessing this is because of the scar tissue from my leep), so I go back in at 26-28 weeks for another ultrasound of that. My wish is that Casey will be home by that time and will get to go with me and can see our baby, because as of right now no further ultrasounds are scheduled; next time we will get to see our baby is when she is born!! Also, when Casey left I was 12-13 weeks pregnant, with a little belly (nothing that anyone noticed but us, because I've never had anything at all) so it'll be so much fun for him to see her move and see what I look like with a belly for once! Mom got to go with me to today's appointment, also, and got to hear her heart beat... It's so fun to have someone go with me, who is especially as excited as I am. As of yesterday Casey still has not received the mail drop and does not know we have a little girl on the way. We FINALLY got to talk this week- he's sooo anxious to hear what we're having-- the suspense is making it that much more fun!! Can't wait for him to find out!! Wish I could see his face, but getting to celebrate with him when he gets home will be second best.
This week has been jam-packed, but super productive. Well, mom has been productive, I have been watching from my glider, hehe. She has put together all of the furniture and arranged and rearranged Isabella's room till I loved it. Casey has huge painting plans for her room when he gets home, and I can't wait to get started! It's going to be a really pretty light blue, and in pink or purple swirly writing say, "Twinkle, twinkle, little star, do you know how loved you are?" And we are going to put stars around it.... ThEn as people come visit and love on her we are going to have them add a star to the wall and watch the wall grow with love! Get it?! :) I'm so excited!
Brag on Casey time: Mom and I met my Aunt Martha in Tacoma on the 30th (our anniversary) to create our baby registries. After an alllllll day trip- we arrived home to a HuGe, GoRgEoUs, fabulous smelling bouquet from Casey. At this time we hadn't been able to communicate at all for several weeks, so it meant that much more. Melted my heart. And them some. He Rocks!!
*Our sweet baby girl is just over a pound and is super active, especially at night. Can't wait till she's here for us to love on her!! 22 weeks down!!

2 comments:

  1. geez! im so excited! i guess ill have to make a trip up there so i can add my star! :-) hearing this post made me so happy to know that your mom is able to go to an apointment with you. i know how important that is, to be able to physically share that excitement! your nursey looks awesome and so do you skinny minni! know that i love you and pray for you everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. America- a trip up here after she is born is a must! You guys would have a blast-- please!!

    ReplyDelete